Thrift Store Score

Monday, September 13, 2010

Last week I decided to stop by the Salvation Army on the way home from work.  I try not to expect or hope to find anything in particular because a lot of the time I come home with nothing, but it's the thrill of the hunt that makes it fun!  Anyway, after a particularly difficult time trying to find a parking space in the 400 square foot parking lot and encouragement from one of the donation collectors to squeeze my mini into a rather unorthodox spot, I walked in thinking I'd BETTER find something good.  Well, sure enough, the first thing I laid my eyes on was this little beauty:

Well, it didn't exactly look like this.  It had a bit of 20 year old masking tape on it and had a good layer of dust, but as soon as I saw it I recognized it as the almost exact replica of my mom's machine - the one I learned how to sew on.  There were a couple of recent scuffs in the paint, but other than that, seems practically brand new. It works great, just needed some oil and a good cleaning.  I recently started making these little bags with my own screen-printed fabric.

I've been using my mom's machine for all of my sewing so it's going to be really nice to have one of my own, and I already know exactly how it works! Here are a couple more shots of my workspace in the kitchen.




Here's my little set-up, or, as they say on Cribs, "this is where the magic happens!" I do all of my screen-printing on the the buffet table.  All of my inks, supplies, and papers are stored below and I do my layout work on the table.  See that big blank wall?  Stay tuned, that will be my next project post! I'll be hanging up my little plate collection.

6 comments:

  1. The mini bag looks great and I like your plate arrangement. Check out my decor blog at https://twinsintwocities.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have explained it very well everyone will understand it easily especially beginners in designing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Risk management is key in cfd trader
    . Always remember to set stop-loss orders to protect your capital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trinkflaschen personalisieren lassen? Das ist eine großartige Idee! Machen Sie sie zu Ihrem eigenen stylischen Accessoire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unboxing my new gadget today! 🎁 Excited to explore the Crystal Pro Max and its amazing Crystal Pro Max 4000 capabilities. Stay tuned for my review!

    ReplyDelete

 

vitamini handmade © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger